Jul 15, 2012

Pain doesn't always come from the same place...

It's been over two months since I left Tel Aviv. Things haven't really moved on the V-front.

I went to see my doctor. Of course he had never heard of vestibulodynia, or vestibulitis, or vulvodynia. I'm starting to wonder who has.

Still, seeing him has brought a big change: he changed my birth control back to what I was taking before last January, when a gynecologist gave me some very lightly dosed pill (those are supposed to be better for younger women but I've always needed a higher dosage of hormones).

Result: in less than a month,
- I got much less tired than I was before, no more falling asleep at 4pm when I got up at 9am!
- I stopped being hungry all the time,
- and of course I lost weight
- fewer mood swings (those were really bad, and made even worse by the pain!!)
I should have guessed it was the hormones, I was like a pregnant woman but without the baby

Since nothing's sure about where I'll be in the next months, I still haven't made an appointment with a gynecologist (in this country, you need to make it months in advance), so no new treatment.

However, the tricks I've been using (not eating high oxalate food, wearing only skirts etc.) still work quite nicely to reduce the pain. It's nothing like it was at the beginning!

So, summary of those two last months:
- pain induced by V: ok
- pain in my little heart: let's not even talk about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment