May 14, 2012

How V has changed my life in the past few months

A list of all the small (and somewhat less small) changes that have occured in my life in the past few months, due to V:

1
I haven't worn trousers or shorts in 5 months!
For someone who loves jeans, it's a tough one. Fortunately, I always loved skirts and dresses, so, that one's not so hard. Also, I decided I would buy some shorts and trousers that are not made of jeans and are not putting pressure on my vagina. Let's see what I'll find. I'm really worried about next winter though, because if you can easily wear a skirt in the winter in Tel Aviv, Germany's gonna be another story...

2
I'm such a sleepy head!
8pm and I would already be ready to go to bed, but lately I manage to fight my way until 10 or 11. Not sure that one actually has something to do with the V, but it did start around the same time.

3
No more chocolate!
I read something about a low-oxalate diet and I tried it out. I decided to start slowly and only to stop eating the high oxalate foods. Well, that's a pretty long list. And it's mainly stuff I loooove. The worst was the chocolate. I was so addicted to chocolate! I replaced it with coconut and white chocolate...
I was kind of hoping that diet wouldn't work, so I could start eating all this stuff again, but it actually works! Well, it works but only concerning the urinary symptoms. It's a huge relief, not feeling all the time like you have a bladder infection. But the price to pay is high, and sometimes I just can't, and then the pain comes back.

4
No more biking (so much about starting a spinning class...), horse riding (ok, I almost never do that anyway), and rarely going to the pool (the chlore gives me some kind of allergy)
Oh, and big fire down there after 15 minutes in the Dead Sea...

No comments:

Post a Comment